Dry skin conditions require a little extra care when it comes to choosing body care products.
There are two main body care products, that make a huge difference to managing skin dryness: a great body wash and a deep conditioning body moisturizer can make a huge difference to reducing your skin’s dryness and discomfort.
In this article, let us take a look at which body washes work best for dry skin.
For this, we should first identify which body washes will not work for dry, sensitive skin.
1. Do not choose highly coloured body washes, they may contain significant amounts of harsh, chemical based colours or dyes, and are not recommended for dry, sensitive skin.
2. Avoid body washes which give out too much lather or if the skin feels a little sticky after washing off the body wash. This can either mean a higher amount of exfoliating agents, or harsh surfactants, and we know that this wont work for dry skin at all.
3. Stay away from body washes that are highly perfumed. Many fragrances are phthalate based and increase skin sensitivity.
On the other hand, it is best to choose body washes that are
1. Hypoallergenic – check if your body wash specifically mentions itself as being suitable for dry, sensitive skin.
2. Free of artificial colours or strong perfumes
3. Suitable for babies as well – this is the best criteria to go by, as baby body washes are almost formulated to suit dry, sensitive skin, and you can save time by simply picking up a baby range body wash.
Also, dry skin needs a very good moisturizer. Check out our much loved SMOO range of body moisturizers. With over 98% natural content, SMOO Light and Moist are easily the best moisturizer that anyone with dry skin will completely enjoy using!